- This event has passed.
How To Be A Great Boss with Ian Tonks
December 16, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Successful companies have employees who are productive, engaged and happy. And it starts at the top! Great leaders and managers don’t tiptoe around the fact that they’re in charge. They take pride in their role and genuinely care about their people. They aren’t overbearing and don’t think their titles give them special privileges. They understand that great employees are one of the organization’s best assets, and as such work to create and maintain an environment where people excel. No matter what title is on your business card, this workshop will guide you to be the best ‘boss’ you can be – not only for your employees, but for yourself and the future of your company.
In this workshop, you’ll discover:
• How to surround yourself with great people
• How to make effective use of your time
• How to develop productive relationships with your people
• The five leadership practices TM and five management practices TM of all great bosses
• How to create accountability
• How to deal with direct reports who don’t meet your expectations
The workshop covers nine key areas:
1. Being a great boss
2. Do you have what it takes?
3. Delegate and elevateTM
4. Surrounding yourself with great people
5. The five leadership practicesTM
6. The five management practicesTM
7. The quarterly conversation
8. The four people issues
9. “How to be a Great Boss” meets the Entrepreneurial Operating System®